Traditional Chinese belief is ginseng provides many health benefits, so once in a while, I make this Chinese herbal soup with Silkie Chicken and American ginseng. The ginseng can be also replaced with Dong Quai, which is believed to aid recovery postpartum.
➜➜ Support my channel: http://buymeacoffee.com/rackoflam
SEEN OR USED IN THE VIDEO:
★ Instant Pot – https://amzn.to/383TDGg
★ President Brand American Ginseng – https://amzn.to/2LtXXFK
★ OXO Good Grips 9-Inch Locking Tongs – https://amzn.to/3occmVy
★ iPhone 11 Pro Max – https://amzn.to/3qh4ylL
✽ Content is not intended to substitute professional medical advice. Always consult with a qualified healthcare professional with questions.
6 pieces American ginseng (or 1 piece of Dong Quai) (https://amzn.to/2LtXXFK
15 pieces Astragalus Root
20 small pieces red dates (or 10-12 large ones)
2 tbsp goji berries
1 silkie chicken (See Note 1)
1 large knob of ginger
8 cups water
1 tbsp salt, or to taste
1) Parboil the silkie chicken in a large pot, removing right when the water boils. Rinse under cold water to remove excess impurities and set aside.
2) In an Instant Pot or regular slow cooker, add all the ingredients, except for the salt. Slow cook for 8 hours.
3) After 8 hours, add the salt (to taste) and allow the broth to set under the keep warm setting for up to 2 hours.
4) Serve hot/warm and enjoy!
1) Silkie chicken that I purchase from my local Asian supermarket are typically 2lbs or slightly more
CONNECT WITH ME:
♥ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rackoflam
♥ Website: https://rackoflam.com/
♥ TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@rackoflam
♥ Twitter: https://twitter.com/rackoflam
Quincas Moreira – Entire
#ginseng #cooking #silkiechicken #herbalsoup #chineseherbal soup #花旗參 #烏雞湯 #烏雞 #花旗參湯 #花旗參烏雞湯 #當歸 #instantpot #chinesesoup #gojiberries #reddates #rackoflam #americanginseng #dongquai #chinesesoup #asiancuisine #asianfood #foodie #chinesecuisine #chinesefood #chineserecipes