– “Right now my question is, is this something that I and only I can do? And I’m prioritizing even more not just for time, but also my energy, and the amount of bandwidth that it takes.” – Lopa van der Mersch
Lopa van der Mersch is Founder and CEO of Rasa, a brand of adaptogenic tonics often used as coffee replacements. Her background in molecular biology and yoga studies led her to seek a healthier alternative to coffee. She founded Rasa in 2018, and the brand now boasts 20 employees, a lineup of eight adaptogenic products, and a $5 million run rate.
Show notes with links, quotes, and a transcript of the episode: https://www.danielscrivner.com/notes/lopa-van-der-mersch1-outlier-academy-show-notes
Chapters in this interview:
– Rasa as a company and an adaptogenic blend
– Lopa’s background and the creation of Rasa
– The concept of energy intelligence
– The Rasa product line
– The importance of herb sourcing and trained staff to Rasa’s success
– How branding and product quality breeds customer loyalty
– The challenges and rewards of being a founder
Sign up for Outlier Debrief, our weekly newsletter that highlights the latest episode, expands on important business and investing concepts, and contains the best of what we read each week: https://www.danielscrivner.com/newsletter
Follow Outlier Academy on Twitter: https://twitter.com/outlieracademy.
If you loved this episode, please share a quick review on Apple Podcasts.