Allow Medical Herbalist David Caudwell to guide you toward a clear understanding of herbal adaptogens. Gain confidence in the appropriate use of adaptogenic herbs in times of stress.
This mini-lesson is an excerpt from our Online Herbalism Program. Enroll now and study herbalism at Pacific Rim College Online in one of our two comprehensive and highly sought-after Herbalist courses; Home Herbalist (46 hours) or Community Herbalist (80+ hours).
Learn from the experts.
In this mini-lesson learn about:
• What an adaptogen is and where is the term Adaptogen’ derived from
• How adaptogens help the body to adapt to emotional, physical, and environmental stress
• The connection between the hypothalamus, the pituitary gland, and the adrenal glands
• The current misunderstanding of the effects of excessive misuse of these herbs
• How to use adaptogens to sustainably support the human experience in the modern world
• The difference between tonics and adaptogens
** Subscribe to PRCO: https://www.pacificrimcollege.online/subscribe/
About David Caudwell:
David Caudwell completed his studies in Herbal Medicine at the College of Phytotherapy in South East England and was awarded a BSc (Honours) from the University of Wales. After graduating David settled in Sussex, dividing his time between practice, clinic management and teaching responsibilities at the college where he trained.
As a Medical Herbalist for 20 years, he currently lives, practices and teaches in Coastal BC. Outside of his professional roles, David enjoys birdwatching, back-country camping, hiking and trekking around the world. David takes a particular interest in Women’s Health, Fertility Issues and Cancer Care.